Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this, to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Settling in

Well we have been living in our new house for over a week now!  Needless to say we love it:)  There are certain things to get used to, for one, the open concept.  Seriously sound carries so bad in our house, looking back we should've probably done some insulating on the inside walls.  Secondly I have very little storage!  I know right, what kind of person builds a house without lots of storage?  We did.  Other than that and the lack of grass and abundance of mud with a dog who needs to go potty and come back in we are doing great.  Kai can't quit saying that he loves his playroom and is glad to have his toys back.  I hope he continues to play in there as nicely as he has been.  Every time I say we are going home he asks me if we are going to the new house and then when I tell him we are he cheers and says he is " so cited!" (excited).  He has been sleeping very nicely in his new room too.  The first night as I was tucking him in he didn't appear scared at all so I asked him if he was.  He said " No Mommy I not scared , if I wake up I will just come to your room!"  Of course, Lol.  But he hasn't, not even once so far.  It is a little bit of a bummer to not have any outdoor space to have a little pool or let him have a sprinkler but he spends a lot of time outside at his grammas so that helps.  Drew has been oh so naughty.  We had intentions of leaving him in the basement while we are at work but he proceeded to pee a few rivers down there so for lack of a better place he gets to spend the day in the bathroom.  For some reason he has gotten in the shower a few times and left dirty paw prints.  He also will not do his business in the dirt, only grass.  Also he won't do it on a leash and thinks he can't walk around while tied up, not to mention he can't seem to learn how to use the steps in and out of the house.  He has definitely been way more of a challenge than Kai.
  We are settled on the surface but there are still lots of boxes in the basement and garage that need to be organised.  Reuben is working on building some shelves and storage in the garage and then he will in the basement too so until I have a place to put things I just kinda let things go.
  Kai is growing up so fast, he is seriously such a big kid, he can get dressed by himself, brush his teeth with minimal assistance and mostly make his bed by himself too!  He can get himself water out of the fridge door and wash his hands alone.
  On another interesting note we think that he is starting to remember things about China that he didn't before.  That or he is just better at putting his memories into words.  Before if we brought up anything about China he would sort of change the subject or act like he didn't know what we where talking about.  He has a book about Chinese adoption and has been wanting me to read it to him a few times a week.  While reading it he has brought up what he was wearing when he came to us, asking where certain items are and seeming very sad when I told him they are too small for him to wear now, he hasn't seen the clothing and we haven't said anything about it to him so I know he remembers.  I asked him if he remembers when Mommy and Daddy came to get him and he said "yes, you had a lot of papers"  seriously I got goosebumps when he said that!  Kai also has never answered to his Chinese name.  Even in China he didn't even blink and eye if we said his Chinese name.  The other night I asked him if he remembers what his name was before it was Kai.  He thought a little bit and said "baby?'.  I said no it was Peng Peng.  He whipped his head around and looked at me with wide eyes and after a moment or two giggled a little bit, it was the first response ever and it was over that quick and he was moving on. After he was in bed I was in the living room telling Reuben about the things he has been saying when he starting yelling for Daddy.  Reuben came back a few minutes later looking like he had seen a ghost.  I asked what he wanted and Reuben said "he called me BaBa"(Chinese for Daddy).  We are very excited that he is remembering things he previously suppressed and we feel like it is a good step toward healing for him. 

 
at our house we celebrate st. patty's day year round:)

Gramma Smith spent the day at our new house helping me can green beans

eating watermelon for breakfast at the bar

A visit from Uncle Travis, he loves getting his picture taken!

somebody loves him some Aunt Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment