Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this, to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Bad to worse

 Wow, sorry for the depressing post title but oh my, yesterday was probably one of the worst days ever.  We got up and went to breakfast and off to the civil affairs office.  The good part is as far as China is concerned Kai is officially ours!  It took probably an hour and a half there and Kai wasn't really himself.  After that we set off on a two hour drive to Ningbo City to the orphanage and then to the police station where we would apply for Kai's passport.  All the way to the orphanage Kai slept on my lap and it was a fairly pleasant relaxing drive except for the incredibly rough roads.  We got to the orphanage and they took us to this Restaurant which really was more like a weird room of sorts and they served a  traditional chinese meal complete with no silverware.  I was still feeling bad yesterday so I busied myself feeding Kai and hoped they didn't notice I wasn't eating.  I fed him some fried rice, some kind of greens, fried shrimp, fried chicken, and fried pieces of pumpkin.  Notice a theme here?  Fried fried fried.  WE got the feeling from the orphanage workers that they did't think we are taking very good care of Kai.  I guess because we didn't have 27 layers on him.  Anyway Kai did,nt really eat that much and end we headed back to the orphanage where they took us up some stone steps to a conference room where they gave us the little picture album we gave Kai and a few other gifts.  I'm going to make this short because my Internet is acting up but it ended up that Reuben fell down the steps holding Kai(Kai is fine) and sprained his ankle really bad.  On the way to the police station Kai barfed all over Reuben and he peed on my lap while we were eating.  The ride home was so long and wicked we all were almost kissing the ground when we finally got back to the hotel.  I was so sick and tired I lay on the couch and slept while Reuben once again tried to care for Kai but now with a sprained ankle.  In the middle of the night I was up frequenting the toilet and Reuben got up to go too.  I sat on the couch and all at once I heard a crash and got up to find him passed out face down on the bathroom floor.  I made him scoot out on his belly because I was so sick I needed that bathroom again.  So you can see it wasnt the greatest day.  The good news is we canceled our sightseeing and decided to stay at the hotel today and I am feeling pretty good after eating a whole piece of toast for breakfast! yay.  Right now Kai is being a little on the naughty/ornery side and getting into everything.  We call him a little dumpster diver as he loves to dig in the trash cans.  He has made leaps and bounds in only three days,  he now reaches for us to hold him, laughs and smiles all the time and even gave me a kiss earlier.  He is a bit of a Momma's boy and follows me everywhere.  Well we gotta go do something because he is getting so wired and outta control! ha
                                                                      Reuben's ankle:(
                                                Finalizing adoption!
                   Kai's favorite spot looking out of our 7th floor window.

No comments:

Post a Comment