Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this, to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Guanzhou and Grieving

              I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving!  Ours was ok.  Yesterday, Friday, we left our Hotel about 1:30pm and went sightseeing for a while.  We then went to pick up our laundry and the laundry people where laughing and pretty much making fun of us.  Our guide said they probably never had one person bring in so much laundry.  Really?  It was one garbage bag full so pretty much a good sized laundry basket for about a week for three people including a very messy two year old who gets car sick.  It kinda ticked me off actually, don't Chinese people wash thier clothes?  Duh.
   Soaway we go to the Hangzhou Airport about 4:30 5:00 pm and got through security and decided to eat atthe only restaurant close o our terminal, we ordered chicken mushroom rice for Kai and two ham sandwiches for us,  our bill was nearly $40!  They brought us this weird box this with different compartments, one had bock choy in broth, one had white rice, one had chicken, and one had cubed up veggies.  They then brought one of the sandwiches that was very fancy like a tea sandwiches.  I started feed Kai and realized the chicken was literally nothing but broth bones and grissle.  I got maybe 4 bites out of it for him.I fed him the veggies and rice. Ruben ate the first ham sandwich, we soon realized there was no second sandwich coming and I was the one who was so starved so I ate some of the white rice with a little broth and about a tablespoon of peanuts they put on there.  I was not happy!  Our flight was one of those deals where we had to ride in a shuttle out onto the tarmack and walk up the steps outside to board the plane, it was cold and windy and rainy and getting late for us.  We were so tired and ready to get to the hotel!  Kai fell asleep just as we were landing.  I had been carrying him almost all day and my arms, abs and back were on fire again, by the time we were checking in there was a couple of times almost thought I would drop him simply because my muscles were giving out.  I hurt so bad in the night I could hardly even roll over!  The good news is our hotel is GORGEOUS!  It is absolutely like nothing I've ever seen before,  our suite is huge, very ultra modern with glass and mirrors everywhere.  Not very 2 year old proof but oh well we are loving having a seperate living room and bedroom.  more homey.  This morning we had to go get Kai's medical exam done and oh my what a mad house!  I n ever thought I would see so many white couples with Chinese babies in one spot!  80 of us to be exact,  it was very warm in there and children where crying.  Kai of course wanted held again but my body says no way, I just couldn't physically stand and hold him today so I tried to always sit and have Reuben wait in line,  We got through that and Kai was so Brave!  He didn't cry once not even during the TB test!  Well he did cry once but that was because he wanted me and not related to the med exam.  We ran to the supermarket again after that to get some more diapers water and milk.  then back to the hotel for a little paperwork and then a nap.  This is where the fun started.
      The last couple days Kai has started to be a real Momma baby,  He had a few melt downs when I wen to the bathroom and left him with Reuben and follows me everywhere.  I rocked him to sleep when we got back and lay down beside him.  He absolutely thrashes and violently kicks in his sleep and kinda whines and it eventually leads to flat our wailing.  We are not sure what to do for him when he does this,  It seems the more you rub his back or try to touch him the worse it gets.  I started just picking him up for just a few minutes and laying him back down.  Today was the worst episode yet.  I think the trip and the new room and the medical exam was all to much for him and he was very very sad today.  Just cried and cried and wanted to be held.  We felt so sorry for him probably thinking about all his little friends and caregivers.  Maybe even his bed.  I know one thing there is no WAY the three of us are going to fit in a queen size bed when we get home.  The little guy is gonna have to be in his own bed asap.  So we felt rally bad because we think Kai got too hungry this afternoon.  We are used to just eating when we are hungry and we need to make a better effort at three square meals for Kai instead of two and snacks.  After he got his belly full or oranges, granola bar and room service rice he is back to his usual chipper self.  In fact he is WOUND UP~!  He has a new love for walnut creek cheese fugde and m&m's.  We also think his knee on his bad leg was hurting him.  He kept pulling up his pant leg and rubbing his knee and tearing up so I gave him some tylenol and that might've made a difference too.  BTW I never did mention that Kai is TINY.  I brought 24 mos, 2T, and 3T clothes and everything is pretty much too big.  I'd say he could wear 18 mos in some things which really surprises me!  18 mos and almost 3???  wow.   Well that's it for today, tomorrow I think we are going to the zoo unless the weather is bad:)  ps:  sorry for the bad spelling/typing  i'm too tired to fight this thing tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment