Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this, to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27

Sunday, November 18, 2012

We made it!

Hello everyone I can finally blog!  It makes you really enjoy the freedom we have when you are helpless to access anything online:(  We still don't know how to get pictures on here yet though.  Reuben is trying to work on it. Sorry!
            Well we had a VERY long trip but not that bad really.  We left the house at 3:30 am on Friday and got to our hotel at about 6:00 am Saturday morning Ohio time which was about 7:00 pm Saturday night here in China.  We were so beat it was unbelievable as neither one of us did more than dose off on the plane.  It was just so uncomfortable.  So we went to sleep at about 8pm here and we both were awake again by midnight!  What a long night.  At 3am we finally gave up and got up.  Tonight wasn't much better as it is 3:30 am right now and I am up blogging!  We did have a little nap yesterday afternoon.  It was so hard not to sleep the day away!
                        Well enough about our jet lag and sleeping issues:)   We feel pretty good for the most part other than being tired.  We had a free day yesterday and so we got up and went to the free breakfast buffet.  Oh me goodness it was huge!  I'm talking like Hometown buffet huge.  Everything from Lo Mein noodles and fried rice, steamed biscuits, soups, congee, and braised beef to pancakes, french toast, made to order omelets, bacon, sausage, even mashed potatoes and much much more.  We skipped lunch but went out walking around after breakfast.  The cool air really helped to clear our heads and we started to feel pretty good.  The traffic is unbelievable here with cars, bikes,mopeds, and pedestrians all trying there best to get around.  There are very little traffic laws obviously as the line between what is sidewalk and what is road is very blurred.  Things we've noticed; Chinese people do not wear sunglasses, Chinese people do not use strollers(due to the cobblestone/paver like sidewalks).  We are staying close to West Lake, there is kind of like a park surrounding the huge lake, it reminds us a little of the area around Marina Jack in Florida and there are many people displaying their talents like Tai Chi and ballroom like dancing or sword dancing.  We were told by others that have been here that we would get lots of stares and probably be asked to have our picture taken.  We assumed the folks here would probably be interested in me due to my blonde hair but actually, they couldn't care less about me and are enamored by Reuben!  It is very funny, they all stare at him and for the most part look right through me.  The only thing we can figure out is it's his size and his very short haircut, beard, and cool shades:)  So funny!  We ended up going to eat at Pizza Hut last night because we just didn't know where to go for Chinese food and with the language barrier it was pretty scary.  Not that there was no language barrier at Pizza Hut.  I ordered a bottled water and the waitress brought me a glass of hot/warm water.  Of course I did not drink it so I had no beverage with my rice and chicken.  Yes rice and chicken at Pizza Hut! ha.  The food is way blander than the Chinese food at home which is fine with me.
                        Well today is the big day!  Our guide is going to meet us in the lobby at 9am and we will go to the civil affairs office to meet Kai!  I am pretty nervous especially since we are barely able to take care of ourselves over here let alone another little human:/  We will make it I know.  Please keep praying for us, this jet lag is not fun and little Kai is gonna be so sad I'm sure.  I will keep you all informed when I can and hopefully post some pictures.  If not I will when we get back:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment