Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this, to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27

Saturday, November 3, 2012

What I'm doing...


          I thought I'd let everyone in on what I'm doing with myself during these last couple weeks before we leave for China.  Well lets see, I've been the biggest scatter brained, forgetful, borderline Alzheimer like symptom air head. Bah!  No kidding I worry about myself:)  I guess the problem is I always have my mind on one cute little fella and not on whats going on around me.  So I started writing myself notes and setting the alarm on my phone to remind myself of things.  It is helping(I hope)
      We've had some really helpful travel tips given to us and read some on blogs so I'm feeling fairly ready to tackle a foreign country.  I'm pretty sure I've boughten just about everything I need to buy.  I got the gifts for the orphanage workers that bring Kai to us and also gifts for the Chinese provincial officers.  They will each be receiving a lovely bag of Walnut Creek Cheese yogurt pretzels and a little cup of WCC fudge.  Doesn't sound like much but I think they will like it.  
           I've decided to take all my fall decor down before we leave and I asked my awesome cousin Brooke to come and put all our Christmas Decorations(except the tree) up while we are gone so we'll come home to a nicely festive house!  I was quite proud of that idea:)
          Other wise I've just been trying to get everything wrapped up at work.  I'm having a few concerns about the lady I hired to fill in for me while I'm gone.  I just pray she at least sticks it out until my six weeks is over.  My job is very stressful and demanding and most people(including myself when I started) underestimate what it means to take it on. 
        So let the countdown begin!  6 more workdays (for me)  12 more sleeps  1 more weekend until we leave.  I was going to fill everyone in on our itinerary but I think I will wait and tell you as we go in China!   

No comments:

Post a Comment